With so many doctors claiming to be the best plastic surgeon for breast augmentation, it can be confusing for patients to choose their surgeon. Here is a list of key points that have made our clinic a top rated surgical centre for breast augmentation.
- I personally assess every patient at the first consultation and make breast implant recommendations based on their unique anatomy. There are many factors that affect implant selection, like breast dimensions, skin tone, nipple position, and tissue thickness. Surprisingly, many patients tell me when they went to other consultations, they neither met the surgeon nor had a proper physical examination.
- I have been an early adopter of modern breast implant techniques to minimize scar length and assist in rapid recovery. A few examples include the Keller Funnel, antibacterial suture material, multimodality pain control, and drainless technique. However, beware any surgeon who claims you can have a 24-hour recovery breast augmentation. There is no way for any person to heal this quickly.
- We have a full range of implant sizers plus a Vectra 3D imager which can be very useful to help people get a virtual idea of how their results might look. There is no fee for any of these services at the consultation.
- As the sole owner of the York Plastic Surgery Centre, I run my facility at a very high level. Safety and quality are my top concerns. In contrast, surgeons who rent space from other facilities do not necessarily have the same stake in ensuring that the highest standards of quality and safety are met. People having surgery out of the country risk having very serious infections or other complications, as reported recently by the media.
- As a surgeon with full admitting privileges at Southlake Hospital, I was Chief of Plastic Surgery for many years. This is an important safety factor for my patients, since I am able to admit and monitor patients if they need extra care. Surgeons who do not have a hospital affiliation can’t take care of their own patients in the event of an emergency.
- I trained at the University of Toronto, by some of the leading cosmetic breast surgeons in Canada. I am a member in good standing of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- It is important to select an experienced Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon for your breast implant surgery, rather than a doctor who does part-time plastic surgery procedures.
- Our prices are competitive compared to other top clinics in the region with no hidden fees. For example, we include the more expensive, cohesive gel implants in our quote, not the less stable “classic” gel implants sold by other clinics. The surgical bra, scar gel and follow-up visits are all included in our fee.
I am proud that we have become one of the busiest clinics in all of Ontario for breast implant surgery, based on a reputation for excellent care and outcomes. It is always a good idea to seek several opinions and know your surgeon’s credentials before having any cosmetic surgery procedure.