About Dr. Andrade
Dr. Andrade is an experienced, highly trained board certified Plastic Surgeon (MD, PhD, FRCSC). A leader in breast and body contouring surgery, he completed 17 years of premedical and medical training at the University of Toronto and has been in practice since 2005. Dr. Andrade is an Assessor for the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, and has been involved in the inspection of other plastic surgery clinics since the inception of the Out of Hospital Premises Inspection Program in 2011.
Dr. Andrade owns and operates The York Plastic Surgery Centre in Newmarket, ON – a state-of-the-art cosmetic surgical facility that meets the highest standards of safety, technology and patient care. He has been on-staff at Southlake Regional Health Centre with full hospital privileges since 2005.
Attracting clients from across Ontario, Dr. Andrade has earned a reputation in his field and has a 5-star rating on RateMDs and realself.com where he is recognized a Top Doctor.
Education and Formal Training
- 1988 – 1992 – B.Sc., Department of Toxicology
- 1992 – 1996 – Ph.D., Cellular & Molecular Pathology
- 1996 – 2000 – M.D., Department of Medicine
- 2000 – 2005 – FRCSC, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- 2007 – 2012 – Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery, Southlake Regional Health Centre
- 2011 – present – Lecturer, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, U of T
Dr. Andrade regularly attends meetings and conferences to keep informed of the latest developments in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
Dr. Andrade is a member of the following associations:
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) candidate member
- International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Andrade has privileges at the following hospitals:
- Southlake Regional Health Centre – full privileges
- York Central Hospital – courtesy privileges
- Markham Stouffville Hospital – courtesy privileges
Dr. Andrade is on staff at Southlake Regional Health Centre and is involved teaching medical trainees, surgical rounds and meetings, inpatient consults for wounds and injuries, and attending the following clinics:
- Hand Clinic – Thousands of patients are seen annually by Dr. Andrade, four other plastic/orthopedic surgeons with training in hand surgery, and specialized Hand Therapists. Common issues treated by Dr. Andrade include fractures, tendon and nerve injures, carpal tunnel syndrome, hand tumours, tendinopathies (DeQuervain’s, stenosing tenosynovitis/trigger finger).
- Ambulatory Clinic – This is a minor surgery clinic for treatment of skin cancer and hand surgery.
- Family Medicine Resident Minor Surgery Clinic – Dr. Andrade and other plastic surgeons are involved in teaching residents minor surgery skills.
STATE-OF-THE-ART SURGICAL FACILITY
Yorkville of the NorthTM
Conveniently located off highway 404 in Newmarket Ontario, The York Plastic Surgery Centre is a new cosmetic surgical facility that meets the highest standards of safety, technology and patient care. Dr. Andrade is a trusted member of the healthcare community. Also, all of the medical staff that work at the facility include board certified anaesthesiologists and fully credentialed OR nurses.
Operations performed at the facility are done on an out-patient basis with in home nursing care as needed. Patients requiring more complex surgeries stay overnight at the hospital.
The entire staff The York Plastic Surgery Centre work hard to make every patient feel welcome, comfortable and well informed.